Kids Outdoor Education Camp 2014
2014 Outdoor Education Camp Started June 9th and Ended June 13th
Monday, June 9 - 8 am to 3 pm
Tuesday, June 10 - 8 am to noon
Wednesday, June 11 - 8 am to noon
Thursday, June 12 - 8 am to noon
Friday, June 13 - 8 am to 3 pm
KIDS OUTDOOR EDUCATION CAMP is a non-profit education program developed by the Northland Arboretum in 2008 for boys and girls ages 10 through 13.
Our week long Outdoor Education Camp provides students with a unique hands-on opportunity to engage with the natural world, nature sciences, ecosystems, nature skills, and interaction with educators on a variety of subjects, and share in community diversity with their fellow students. Each year nearly 50 students along with many teachers and leaders join our dynamic, well educated, and passionate staff to enjoy the wonders of the outdoors.
Activities include: kayaking, mammals, nature photography, pond ecology, shoreline lunch, compass orienteering, duck calls, birding, tree identification and forestry, team building, outdoor survival, creating wildlife habitats, migration game and team building.
Outdoor Education Camp Goals:
- To present a safe outdoor environment for all who participate.
- To provide an environment that nurtures learning and growth.
To teach awareness and about positive stewardship of the Earth:
- Human impact on the natural environment.
- How to better care and use the natural resources we have.
- To get the students into the outdoors to show the benefit of a healthy lifestyle.
- To teach the core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility -Faith
- Positive communication
- Creative problem solving methods
- Shared leadership, encouragement and support
- Adaptive management styles, giving and receiving feedback, cooperation and collaboration.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Outdoor Education staff, you must have a strong interest in environmental education as demonstrated by previous teaching experience and/or course work in the natural sciences. You should be flexible, enthusiastic, and enjoy working with kids. Singing or other musical talents are also useful.
Send a resume, cover letter, and the names and phone numbers of three references. Positions fill early.
CALL FOR MORE INFORMATION 219-829-8770